Welcome to Château Fontiès, a family vineyard exploited since its creation in 1860 in Fontiès d'Aude, just 10 km from the Cité of Carcassonne. The entire vineyard is located in the Corbières appellation area.
Marie-Pierre and Cédric SIRVEN are happy to let you discover this family domain made up of 41 hectares of vines at the foot of the Montagne d'Alaric: 25% of the parcels are classified Protected Designation of Origin Corbières (AOP Corbières), the remaining 75% are in Protected Geographical Indication Pays d'Oc (IGP Pays d’Oc).
The vineyard of Château Fontiès was created in 1860 by Alphonse Coste-Reboulh, great-great-grand-uncle of the current owner-farmers. He participated in the great restoration of the Cité of Carcassonne alongside Viollet le Duc. A street was named after him in Carcassonne. He built the cellar of the property in 1869 according to a semi buried architecture, which gives it a high thermal stability.
This property has a deeply historical character, reflected by the three towers of different eras that are part of the castle: the first dates from the Roman era, the second from the Visigoth period and the third from the 15th century.
Rue des Corbières - 11800 Fontiès d'Aude (France)
Contact : Marie-Pierre Sirven : + 33 (0)6 17 78 24 40
(c) Château Fontiès 2017 - Legal Notices
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume with moderation.